Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Midpoints

I told myself I was going to write about something MWF when I started this. Since then (last Friday) I haven't really gotten to a point in anything where I can do a full review on it...but some notes, perhaps:

TV: Been watching Sherlock and The Avengers on Netflix. I'm enjoying both quite a bit, although some of the problematic issues of race and imperialism are coming forth in Sherlock - I think they could've done a better job modernizing that aspect of the source material. That said, it's lovely to look at, and I'm quite enjoying it.

Avengers has been quite enjoyable! It's silly, in parts, as most aspects of children's cartoons are, but I like the animation a lot, and I am completely coveting the tentacled skull tanks that HYDRA uses. In fact, I may just adopt that logo. I really like it.

On a more trivial note, I'm completely loving the new "daily" eyeliner I picked up. I'm quite the MAC Blacktrack devotee for my nights out, but it's a bit much for the office. I'd been using a Physician's formula felt-tip for a while, and they just released a new formula of it. I picked one up, and I am quite impressed. It has a a softer, more brush-like tip than the other version, and a much finer point, making tight-lining my eyes at 6:30am that much easier. Ultra black is just that, and it stays that way, even through this disgusting heat/humidity wave we're having. It claims to have lash growing properties. I have not been using it long enough to notice a difference, and my lashes are pretty abundant anyhow, so I'm not sure I would notice. I'm just happy that it doesn't flake off into my contact lenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment